Weather it’s ants in your pants or bees in your bonnet, when selecting the best Dunedin pest control professional for you and your families needs, there are several things you should research before signing on the dotted line. This list is a good start and should help you in your decision making process.
1. License– All Dunedin pest control companies are required to be licensed by the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS). A quick search of their website and you can find out whether or not a company is licensed and if their technicians have a current ID card. Don’t forget to ask whether the pest control company has the correct amount of insurance coverage with clauses that cover any unexpected damage to the premises.
2. Referrals– Talk to friends and co-workers to see who they have used, and compile a list of companies to contact. Ask your neighbors who they use for their Dunedin pest control service. Oftentimes you can get a discount if you and your neighbors use the same service. Talk to your relatives. If their happy with their service, it’s a good bet you will be to. Most pest control companies love referral customers and often offer generous discounts for multiple customers.
3. Large vs. Small Company– As the owner of a small business, I always suggest using the “little guy”. That being said, with a large corporation sometimes you can feel like just another account number and a small company might not have all the services or conveniences of a large company. However, some large companies are well run and personable, and some small companies are more flexible while offering a variety of services.
4. Business Philosophy – Ask the company you are thinking of hiring if they employ Integrated Pest Management. This is a technique that enlists not only their help, but you cooperation as well. This will involved you in the extermination process, but it is one of the most effective strategies to take.
5. Service Specialty– Most Dunedin pest control companies provide several pest services, however, some companies specialize in one area like food handling establishments, residential pest control, termite control, lawn care, wildlife control, working with building contractors, etc. Make sure the company you choose specializes in the services you need.
6. Communication– Ideally, your phone call will be answered by an actual person and not an automated message. If you do have to leave a message, how long does it take to get a return call or how long do you have to sit on hold. Was the staff, including technicians, sales people and office staff curteous and polite. These are very important items to consider when making your decision.
7. Ease of Service– Your Dunedin pest control service should be an easy and convenient partner in providing service. Ask if they except credit cards. Check if you can schedule service and pay online. And it bears repeating, does the company communicate well?
8. Interview your technician– Remember, you are entering into a business relationship with your technician so you must be able to communicate and trust them. Of course, sometimes the technician is the salesperson, secretary, and the owner!
9. Warranty– Some pest infestations can be eliminated in a single visit or they may require several, make sure to read the pest control contract and consider it carefully, especially the warranty and exclusions to the warranty before signing. Find out if there is an extra charge for extra service calls.
10. Service Frequency– Some Dunedin pest control companies only provide a certain frequency of service such as monthly, every other month, quarterly, or annual pest control service. After your research and consultation with a pest company, be sure that the frequency of service is what best suits your needs and budget.
A responsible Dunedin pest control company will look at your pest problem from all possible angles and will treat the issue with care and consideration for your home environment, your family and your pets. They will not turn immediately to the use of chemicals and will even look for possible non-chemical treatments that may be available. Besides making your home pest free, the best Dunedin pest control professional will be concerned with keeping your home and family safe and having the least impact possible on your environment.To keep your home and family safe, and to keep it free from pests, become a responsible consumer. It is up to you whom you invite into your home, so be picky: don’t just settle for the best price- look around, and you will see that you have lots of options when it comes to choosing the right Dunedin pest control professional.